GIRLS - READ THIS CAREFULLY PLEASE!
posted by Kimi @ 12:49 PM
So I hate to get all informative or legalistic and all - but there are some things in the packet that you were sent that I would like to reiterate before you get to Trail West. One part about being your boss that I might not always enjoy but that I will stick to because it's the right thing to do and it's my job.
Here they are:
1. Attitudes. I know as females that we can have some pretty crazy attitudes (mine being the same way). But I really would love your cooperation this summer - when I ask something of you, I will expect you do it. Something you will realize about me is that I am anal when it comes to detail and I have high expectations for each of you this summer. I expect that you will do your work with excellence and be obedient to the bosses when we ask you to do it again if it's not just right. But each of us is here to serve the Lord this summer and we all must remember that we were chosen (myself included) to be a part of work crew and that it is a great privilege to do so. Be prepared to work this summer as well. There is a lot of work that needs to be done everyday - so be willing to do it! So - have good, uplifting attitudes.
2. Dress Appropriately. I don't get into hoochie clothing and I don't like to see it. Things that we will expect of you is that you dress presentable. Being that Trail West is a family camp - we don't want to be seeing your short shorts or thongs especially. When they say no spaghetti straps or backless clothing - they mean it! And I will certainly be the one to enforce it. Especially because we are going to be doing a lot of cleaning/lifting/up-down movements as Tawashies - I don't need to see any cracks - either cleavage or the other. As I've gotten older, I've had to learn what modesty really is - know that it will be expected of you. Make sure that the content of your T-shirt is appropriate as well. Many shirts from American Eagle are disgusting - and you just can't wear them at Family Camp. I hope that is clear. But know that I will also have high expectations in how you present yourself.
3. Serve Our Guests. We are there to make sure these families have one of the greatest weeks of their lives. We want their rooms to look nice. Be sure that they always see a smiling face. Be presentable and friendly when they see us in the halls or at club. Everything we do is a reflection on Christ - even if you are just the work crew kid. Your role is very important in how the week goes for these families. Take the time to get to know them. Ask them about their days. Laugh with them.
4. Spend time with Jesus. I know that when I was in high school - and even now - it's hard to have a steady time where you are able to get away for a while and hang out with Christ. I certainly didn't have that habit mastered back then. But the more time we get with Christ during this month - not only are we all going to grow together in our relationships with Him, but we will be able to help combat impatience or bad attitudes, etc. Start that time now too before you come. Maybe you aren't sure where to start or what to do. Get a journal and a bible. Write down your thoughts, prayers. Read the Gospel of Mark. It's a fun book.
Some other things you won't want to forget:
1. Only one piece suits unless you have one of those tankini things that covers everything.
2. Closed toed shoes - tennis shoes. As tawashies we have to wear closed toed shoes while we work. So bring comfortable ones.
3. Alarm clock and a watch. You will have to be places on time.
4. Might even want to bring a portable fan or lamp for your bed - but something very small. You know like the clip on ones for dorms or something. Walmart is your friend.
5. ONE MONTH supply of toiletries. Make sure you bring enough soap and shampoo for the whole time!
6. Sunscreen - they aren't kidding about the sun being more intense at 8,800 ft. Trust me on this. I tan easily, but at higher elevations - I burn easily too.
7. It's can get cold there. Bring a sweatshirt.
8. Boys are great. But not if you have to buy a $500 plane ticket home. Trust me, there will be a couple of cute guys on work crew with you. Dating is not an option.
Closing Remarks
Sounds like the Speech I made in high school. :) I'm sure there is other stuff that you will want to remember, and I'll remind you of those things as they come along. I can't tell you how excited I am to meet each of you and get to know you a bit more. I know that we're going to have a great month. And I really don't anticipate having any major problems. But if there is something that you have against me or someone else - please talk to me about it. Really - I am cool and flexible. I just have high expectations. But I also know how to have fun. And we're going to have a fun month. Guaranteed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home